Stage 1 Simple ideas:
- Egg Salad
- Chicken Salad
- Deviled Eggs
- Burger lettuce wrap
- Crock pot chicken (or any meat) in broth or stock.
- Cottage cheese and walnuts or almonds
- Melted cheese over chicken
- Chicken and Bacon wrapped
- Scrambled eggs and hot dogs or sausage
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- cooking spray
- 12 thin sliced (36 oz total) skinless boneless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 oz (6 slices) thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
- 6 slices (4.4 oz) Swiss cheese, cut in half
Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray. Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper. Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites along with water to make an egg wash. In another medium bowl, combine parmesan cheese. Dip the chicken into the egg wash, then into the Parmesan. Place chicken onto the baking sheet seam side down. Spray the top of the chicken with more cooking spray and bake about 25 minutes, or until cooked.
Chicken Wrapped Bacon
(Makes 6 servings)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thighs also work)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 packages regular cut bacon (about 2 lbs. total)
- 1/2 cup ground mustard
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Dash cayenne (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F, making sure the oven rack is about 1/3 away from the oven top. Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with sea salt, ground pepper and garlic powder.
2. Line a baking pan with a baking sheet or foil. Slice chicken strips to about 1 1/2 inches thick and wrap in a slice of bacon. Place each on a wire rack set over the baking pan.
3. Mix the mustard, vinegar and cayenne (optional) in a small mixing bowl until combined.
4. Baste the top of the bacon wrapped chicken strips with the mustard mixture and place in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove the pan from the oven and flip over the chicken strips with a pair of kitchen tongs. Baste the other side of the strips with the mixture and return to the oven for another 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Remove from oven and serve.